· An Economical Low Risk Path to Sustainable Maryland Electricity Presents the case for rational planning. Based on a Baltimore Sun Op-Ed published December 14, 2016. Revision dated March 8, 2017
· Is it safe to live near nuclear power? Argues in favor of a epidemiological study cancer incidence near nuclear facilities to mitigate public fears, The Hill; Congress Blog, 3/2/16.
· Wind energy is clean, but wind energy systems are not - Most of the energy in a wind system that is required to deliver energy on demand comes from fossil fuel. The Baltimore Sun Op-Ed, 2/10/12.
· The problem with wind: It doesnt get us close to zero carbon Wind energy requires a polluting backup system thus fails to achieve low carbon goals, The Baltimore Sun Op-Ed 5/5/11
· Obama should take a systems approach to clean energy The Obama administration is developing clean energy as if it were a science project, not an engineering program with an ultimate purpose; IEEE Spectrum: Tech Talk, Energy, Fossil fuels, 4/22/10
· Creating Fact Based Energy Policy Disciplined systems engineering helps make value decisions about clean energy; IEEE Spectrum: Tech Talk, energy, policy, 5/24/10
o What every policymaker needs to know about wind power A simple 5 page monograph for the layman, 2/2/13.